- You are here: Phola Coaches
- Our Fleet
Phola Coaches has a substantial fleet of over 200 buses with the correct model composition and an average age of less than 3 years as opposed to the industry average replacement age of 8-10 years. Buses are specifically designed to comply with the stringent Fatal Risk Protocol Standards and meet the highest international technical and safety standards.
Our buses conform to the latest standards and specifications which include:
- Modern, quality buses of the semi-luxury type
- Compliance to the highest international technical and aesthetical standards.
- Live monitoring with automated updates on bus delays and arrival times via mobile apps designed to meet our customers specific requirements.
- Compliant with the strength of superstructure requirements (roll-over protection), as set by the UN Reg 66 or SANS 1563, with assessment based on a physical rollover test.
- The rollout of three-point emergency-locking retractor safety belts across our fleet, which are compliant to international and local legal standards.
- Optimum seat strength and anchorages.
- Improved seating design in terms of passenger safety and comfort.
- Upgraded saloon heating and windshield de-misting systems.
- Additional category seating configurations of 20-22, 35, 45-48 and 60-65 seats - enabling more flexibility with regards to pricing.
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) system fitted as standard on all buses.
- Engine compartment fire suppression.
- Other features are available, such as on-board DVD monitors, reverse monitors and electronic destination boards.
- Evidence of compliance to all legal standards, local and international, is readily available.